Based on the top trends of 2022, the survey also highlighted that there was a 115 per cent rise in purchase of gaming laptops in smaller towns, with gamers from smaller towns outperforming hose from larger cities.
Let us look at other interesting findings from the Croma Unboxed 2022 survey:
- At least 75 per cent of customers utilised covers and screen protectors to safeguard their devices.
- Users from Mumbai bought screen guards three times more than people in Delhi or Bengaluru.
- At least 40 per cent of users have extra phone chargers in case one is misplaced.
- People from New Delhi bought the most chargers in 2022.
- Smartwatch sales grew four times more in 2022. Meanwhile, 37 per cent said they wore the smartwatch only to look cool.
- At least 23 per cent said they used smart speakers as their alarm clocks.
- In 2022, wireless headphone sales grew by 8 times, and at least 60 per cent said they earphones just to cut out the noise.
- The sales of 55-inch TVs and above grew by 135 per cent last year, and a minimum of 50 per cent of families said they bonded over watching TV at home.
- Microwave sales grew in Lucknow by 170 per cent, and at least 60 per cent said they use it to reheat food.
- People in Hyderabad purchased most ceiling fans.
The annual findings are based on purchase patterns over the course of the year and careful examination of usage trends following purchases, with customer cooperation in sharing their behavioural habits.