After the first match on Friday was washed out without even the toss taking place in Wellington, India vs New Zealand’s second T20I match is scheduled for today. The Bay Oval stadium in New Zealand will host both teams. For the unaware, Hardik Pandya has been given the responsibility to lead the Indian side in the absence of Rohit Sharma, while Kane Williamson will captain the Kiwis. That being said, the India vs New Zealand T20 series will stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video following a multi-year deal to broadcast all the cricket matches of India held in New Zealand up to 2025-26. In this guide, let’s take a look at everything you need to know about India vs New Zealand T20 series live streaming, Prime Video subscription plans, match schedule, and more.
India vs New Zealand 2022 series: Today’s match, India time, venue
India vs New Zealand 2nd T20 match
- Time: 12:00 pm (IST)
- Venue: Bay Oval, New Zealand
- Weather: Rain
How to watch India vs New Zealand T20 match live in India
Cricket fans in India can watch India vs New Zealand T20 series live on Amazon Prime Video. Since the streaming platform comes included with Amazon Prime, users need to subscribe to either of its membership plans to get access to the matches. The live streaming will be covered in English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, and Telugu commentary. To enhance the viewing experience, a “Rapid Recap” feature will be in place that will showcase quick highlights of an ongoing match to those joining the stream late.
Amazon Prime Video subscription plans
The subscription plans for Amazon Prime Video are as follows:
Amazon also offers instant 50 percent cashback to users between the age of 18 to 24 years as part of its “Youth Offer” on the purchase of Amazon Prime. The cashback is credited directly to the Amazon Pay balance irrespective of whether you’ve made the payment by UPI, debit card, or credit card.
India vs New Zealand live streaming: How to get Amazon Prime Video subscription for free
Amazon Prime Video can be grabbed for free with certain popular services and subscriptions. Here’s how.
Airtel prepaid recharge
Cricket fans having an Airtel prepaid or postpaid connection can get a free Amazon Prime subscription with the following plans.
- Rs 699 prepaid recharge plan – The Rs 699 Airtel prepaid recharge plan comes with free access to Amazon Prime for a period of 56 days. The rest of the benefits include 3GB of data per day, unlimited voice calling as well as the provision to send 100 SMSes daily. The plan’s validity is set at 56 days which also includes subscriptions to Xstream Mobile pack, Appolo 24/7 Circle, and Wynk Music.
- Rs 999 prepaid recharge plan – Users willing to get more out of their prepaid recharge plan can go for the Rs 999 plan which provides a subscription to Amazon Prime for a total of 84 days. Apart from that, users get 2.5GB of internet data and 100 SMS on a daily basis along with unlimited voice calling with this plan. Furthermore, subscribers also get access to Xstream Mobile pack, Appolo 24/7 Circle, free Wynk Music, and RewardsMini.
Airtel Postpaid recharge
Users with an Airtel postpaid connection of Rs 499 and above can get a complimentary Amazon Prime subscription on a monthly basis. All of these plans come with unlimited local, STD and roaming calls along with a quota of 100 SMSes per day. Furthermore, a Disney+ Hotstar Mobile Pack is also included in these plans.
Vi postpaid recharge
Users with a Vi postpaid SIM can enjoy India vs New Zealand series on Amazon Prime by purchasing one of the following plans.
- Rs 501 Vi postpaid recharge plan – Dubbed the ‘Vi Max’ plan, the Rs 501 postpaid plan provides a free 6-month subscription to Amazon Prime, 90GB of total internet data, unlimited calling as well as 3000 SMS on a monthly basis. This plan also lends 1 year of free Disney+ Hotstar Mobile pack, Hungama Music, and Vi Movies & TV among other benefits.
- Rs 701 Vi postpaid recharge plan – Vi users opting for the monthly Rs 701 postpaid plan can get also get a subscription to Amazon Prime for 6 months. The difference here is that, instead of restricted data, the plan offers unlimited data and calling with a provision of 3000 SMSes per month. Other benefits remain the same as the Rs 501 postpaid plan.
- Rs 1,101 Vi postpaid recharge plan – This particular plan once again offers 6 months of Amazon Prime subscription with unlimited data and calling benefits along with 3000 SMS on a monthly basis. It also adds a 12-month Sony LIV Premium membership on top of Amazon Prime and Disney Plus Hotstar.
Airtel Xstream Fiber broadplan plans
All the Airtel Xtstream Fiber plans of Rs 999 and above come with a free Amazon Prime membership. These plans offer speeds starting from 200Mbps all the way up to 1GBps. Apart from that, users also get access to other streaming platforms such as Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix, and Wynk Music.
JioFiber broadband plans
Users having a JioFiber broadband connection can opt for the Rs 999 plan and above to get access to a free Amazon Prime subscription. While the Rs 999 plan offers 150Mbps of unlimited internet speeds, it also comes with premium subscriptions to other OTT apps such as Disney+ Hotstar, Sony LIV, Voot, Zee5, and many more. All broadband plans come with a validity of 30 days.
India T20I and India ODI series squads vs New Zealand
India T20I squad
Hardik Pandya (C), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (VC and WK), Sanju Samson (WK), Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Harshal Patel, Mohd. Siraj, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Umran Malik.
India ODI squad
Shikhar Dhawan (C), Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (VC and WK), Sanju Samson (WK), Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Shahbaz Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Sen, and Umran Malik.
How to watch India vs New Zealand T20 series live on TV?
Since Amazon Prime is the official broadcaster of India vs New Zealand T20I series, viewers wanting to enjoy the matches on their TV will have to either download Prime Video on their smart TVs or separately purchase a device such as Chromecast or Amazon Fire Stick.
Here’s the step-by-step procedure to download Prime Video on a smart TV:
- Turn on your TV and open the app marketplace such as Play Store which lets you download apps
- From here, search for ‘Amazon Prime’ and start downloading it
- Once downloaded and installed, open the Prime Video app and log in with your credentials
- Now select India vs New Zealand banner during match timings and enjoy the game on the big screen
Will India vs New Zealand 2022 series live telecast on DD Sports?
— Doordarshan Sports (@ddsportschannel) November 17, 2022
Yes, India vs New Zealand 2022 series will be available to watch on Doordarshan/ DD Sports, but only on DD Free Dish. The live telecast is not available for Tata Sky, Airtel DTH, Dish TV, and other DTH users.
Has India ever won a series in New Zealand?
Yes, India won an away ODI series against New Zealand in 2019. Before that, India had won 2009’s ODI series in which MS Dhoni led the men in blue.