The Government of India has been requesting its citizens to link their Aadhaar card with the Ration card. Doing so will help prevent fraud cases, multiple Ration cards for one household, and multiple other similar issues. You can link an Aadhaar card to a Ration card online and offline. If you are not sure how we have got you covered. Below is an easy step-by-step guide on how to link Aadhaar card with ration card along with the documents required to do so and more.
Documents required to link Aadhaar Card to Ration Card
Whenever you plan on carrying out any task related to creating or linking Government documents, it is always recommended that you prepare a list of required documents and keep them handy. In this case, we have made it easy for you by preparing a list of documents you will need to link an Aadhaar card with a Ration card both online and offline.
- Photocopy/ duplicate copy of Aadhaar card of the head of the family.
- Photocopy/ duplicate copy of Aadhaar card of all the members of the family.
- Photocopy/ duplicate copy of Ration card along with the original Ration card for verification purposes.
- Passport size photographs of the head of the family.
- Photocopy/ duplicate copy of Bank Passbook if the Aadhaar card is not linked with the bank account.
Note: Always ensure you carry a couple of extra copies. Doing so will let you rest assured in case the need arises for extra copies of any of the listed documents.
How to link Aadhaar Card to Ration Card Online
Several states offer to link Aadhaar cards to Ration cards online and to reap the benefits of the same, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit your State’s Official Public Distribution System (PDS) portal.
- Select link Aadhaar with active cards
- Enter your Ration card number followed by the Aadhaar card number.
- Fill in your registered mobile number.
- Select the Continue/Submit button.
- You will now receive an OTP on your mobile phone.
- Enter the OTP on the Aadhaar Ration Link page, and your request for the same is now submitted.
- Once the process is completed, you will receive an SMS notifying you of the same.
How to link Aadhaar Card to Ration Card Offline
Carrying out linking your Aadhaar card with the Ration card offline is comparatively the easier step. The only drawback is you will need to visit a physical store, which is not feasible for many, and in that case, you can try linking your Aadhaar card to the Ration card online. Nonetheless, follow these steps to link your Aadhar card to your Ration card offline,
- Ensure to carry all the required documents: photocopy of the Aadhaar card of the head of the family and all the members of the family, Original Ration card and its photocopies for the verification process, passport size photographs of the head of the family, and a photocopy of Bank Passbook if the Aadhaar card is not linked with the bank account.
- Visit the Public Distribution System (PDS) or Ration shop nearest you with all the documents mentioned above.
- Submit all the required documents at the PDS/ Ration shop.
- The PDS/ Ration shop representative might ask for fingerprint authentication to verify your Aadhaar card.
- You will receive an SMS as soon as the documents are submitted and the process is begun.
- Once your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked with the Ration card, you will receive another SMS notifying you of the same.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar Card to Ration Card
The benefits of linking the Aadhaar card to the Ration card are listed below:
- Removal of multiple duplicate Ration cards within one family.
- Eradicate fake ration card holders reaping the benefits meant for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families ensuring distribution to the deserving.
- Linking these cards will also keep fraudulent cases to a minimum.
- Linking both these cards will eliminate corrupt intermediaries as the Aadhaar card leaves a trail in the PDS.
- Fingerprint authentication will help verify genuine beneficiaries.
What is the last date to link Aadhaar with Ration card?
The last day to link Aadhaar with the Ration card is June 30th for now.
What will happen if you don’t link your Aadhaar card with Ration card?
It has been made mandatory by the government to link Aadhaar card with Ration card to avail of various benefits from the government.